- What information is collected by Cloud Nine
- How we use information
- How we may share information
- How you may contact Cloud Nine
Cloud Nine Points of Contact
The Cloud Nine points of contact include, but are not limited to:
- Cloud Nine stores, our merchandise sales, our website and our online store, (collectively, the “Site”) Cloud Nine's customer service line for ordering products and communications with Cloud Nine's customer relations department
- Any other website or on-line service that may be provided from time to time by Cloud Nine or on behalf of Cloud Nine
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We receive and may keep information voluntarily given to us when you decided to make a Cloud Nine purchase, register on the Site, take part in a special promotion or when you provide any other information or unique preferences to better serve you. This information may include:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Your date of birth
- Your e-mail address
- Your credit card or Cloud Nine Gift Card number
- Proof of your identity
- When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”. We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site
- Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including, without limitation, credit card and debit card numbers) email address, and phone number.
- Any other information that Cloud Nine may voluntarily collect from you from time to time on its website or through alternate means
It might also include information you provide us about other people. For example, you may provide us with some of the same information as above (name and address) for a merchandise gift recipient. When you provide us with personal information about the intended recipient of a shipment, we use that information for the purposes of processing the shipment and, in some cases, to communicate with the intended recipient to provide information pertaining to the status of the shipment. We rely on you to obtain the intended recipient's consent to our use of the personal information for these limited purposes.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources such as updated address information. This information may help us to improve our ability to service your needs such as ensuring the accurate delivery of direct mail materials.
We want you to be aware that certain online tools exist to help us service and recognize you when you visit one of our websites. For your convenience, to help us personalize your experience or better serve your needs, we may receive and store certain types of information when you visit our website. Cookies may be placed on your computer when you click on a Cloud Nine e-mail, banner or on the site directly. We use this information to understand how users navigate to and around our website, view product pages, access content and make purchases.
ONCE INFORMATION IS RECEIVED, HOW IS IT USED AND/OR SHARED?
Within Cloud Nine
Information we collect from you may be shared between all points of contact within Cloud Nine. We use this information to offer you special offers, new products and services. In addition, Cloud Nine may use such information to:
- Provide you with timely and reliable fulfillment of requests
- Do all things necessary to administer those services
- Deliver merchandise and services that you purchase online
- Facilitate payment for your purchases
- Confirm your orders and delivery information
- Screen orders for potential risk or fraud
- Respond to your customer service inquiries or requests
- Communicate with you including, without limitation, offers, benefits and featured items
- Administer giveaways, contests, birthday programs and similar promotions
- Administer special customer recognition programs
- Find and stock the products you want
- Customize your shopping experience and for other uses for which Cloud Nine has obtained consent
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns)
Outside Cloud Nine
Certain business services are performed on Cloud Nine's behalf and at Cloud Nine's request by other companies. We may securely share your information with selected vendors that perform services for Cloud Nine or to others for other marketing purposes. To perform these services, these companies may, at times, utilize some of the information you have provided Cloud Nine. This information is used solely for the purposes Cloud Nine has requested such as maintaining our database, administering and monitoring e-mails, displaying offers and contest administration.
We share your information with third parties to help us use your information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your information here:
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your information here:
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As described above, we use your information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
We may also securely share your information with governmental agencies or other entities, including credit reporting agencies, assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when (1) permitted or required by law, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions, or (3) investigating fraud that has already taken place. These entities may access and, if necessary, maintain your information to assist us with fraud prevention and detection. We will never authorize the release of your information to or by such entities for any other purpose.
In addition, Cloud Nine reserves the right to securely disclose personal information to a third party if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, court order or other lawful request legally requires or authorizes us to do so or to otherwise protect our rights. In all cases, this information is not provided to these entities for purposes of marketing to a Cloud Nine customer.
Retention of Personal Information
Cloud Nine retains your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. Your consent to such purposes(s) remains valid after any termination of our relationship with you.
Right To Transfer
Cloud Nine also reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including, but not limited to, liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal or financing of all or any portion of Cloud Nine or of any of the business or assets or shares of Cloud Nine or a division thereof in order for you to continue to receive the same products and services from the third party.
HOW TO CONTACT Cloud Nine
If you do not want to receive promotional mail from Cloud Nine via postal service, send a letter stating this with your name and address to email@example.com, or to our mailing address below. You can also call us at 780-455-1268 with your request.
When you fill out one of our forms or other requests for information, you may choose to receive e-mail that informs you about new merchandise in our stores or online, as well as special offers and promotions. In addition, we may send you e-mails to help us learn more about you and your preferences. If, after you have shared your e-mail address with Cloud Nine, you decide that you do not want to receive e-mail from Cloud Nine, you have several options to let us know of your preferences:
- You can discontinue promotional e-mails by clicking on the hyperlink shown in all Cloud Nine e-mails and follow the instructions to indicate your unsubscribe preference
- Contact Cloud Nine customer relations as set forth below
Cloud Nine Pajamas (2009) Inc.,15632 – 112 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5M 2W1.
You may also contact us in any one of the above ways to access or update of your personal information.
Our Policy on gathering information from and communicating with children online?
We recognize the unique privacy concerns regarding children. Pursuant to COPPA guidelines, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information on-line from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian is made aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, please contact us at 780-455-1268, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address listed above and we will remove the information about the individual from our marketing database.
Our Commitment to Data Security
Cloud Nine makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information collected from you is protected against loss and unauthorized access. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form. Cloud Nine uses industry standard security techniques on our websites to help protect against the loss, misuse or modification of information that you have provided. When you access your personal information or transmit personally identifiable data to us, that information is stored on servers that we have used commercially reasonable efforts to protect from unauthorized access or intrusion. While we implement the above security measures, you should be aware that 100% security is not possible.
What happens if I hit a link to another site from a Cloud Nine site?
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.